progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathynoun
Medical Definition of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
Note: Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy is caused by reactivation in the body of a latent virus of the genus Polyomavirus (species JC polyomavirus) which destroys the myelin-producing oligodendrocytes of the central nervous system.
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?