Medical Definition of prodigiosin
: a red antibiotic pigment C20H25N3O that is produced by a bacterium of the genus Serratia (S. marcescens) and was formerly used against protozoans (as the parasite of amebic dysentery) and against fungi (as the parasite of coccidioidomycosis)
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game