Medical Definition of proctoscope
(Entry 1 of 2)
: an instrument used for dilating and visually inspecting the rectum and lower portion of the sigmoid colon
Medical Definition of proctoscope (Entry 2 of 2)
: to use a proctoscope on
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game