Medical Definition of pregabalin
: an anticonvulsant drug C8H17NO2 that is a structural derivative of gamma-aminobutyric acid and is taken orally for the relief of pain associated especially with fibromyalgia, diabetic peripheral neuropathy, and postherpetic neuralgia and as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures
Note: Pregabalin is marketed under the trademark Lyrica.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game