Medical Definition of pregabalin
: an anticonvulsant drug C8H17NO2 that is a structural derivative of gamma-aminobutyric acid and is taken orally for the relief of pain associated especially with fibromyalgia, diabetic peripheral neuropathy, and postherpetic neuralgia and as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures
Note: Pregabalin is marketed under the trademark Lyrica.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game