Medical Definition of prasugrel
: a drug that inhibits the activation and aggregation of platelets and is administered orally in the form of its hydrochloride C20H20FNO3S·HCl to reduce the risk of a cardiovascular event (as a heart attack or stent blockage) caused by blood clot formation
Note: Prasugrel is marketed under the trademark Effient.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game