pouch of Douglasnoun
Medical Definition of pouch of Douglas
: a deep peritoneal recess between the uterus and the upper vaginal wall anteriorly and the rectum posteriorly
— called also cul-de-sac, cul-de-sac of Douglas, Douglas's cul-de-sac, Douglas's pouch
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game