porphyria cutanea tardanoun
Medical Definition of porphyria cutanea tarda
: a common porphyria that is marked by an excess of uroporphyrin caused by an enzyme deficiency chiefly of the liver and that is characterized especially by skin lesions produced by exposure to light, scarring, hyperpigmentation, and hypertrichosis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?