polymorphous light eruptionnoun
Medical Definition of polymorphous light eruption
: photodermatosis that is marked especially by red papules or blisters often accompanied by itching or a burning sensation and in which bodily manifestations do not appear for several hours to several days following sun exposure
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game