Medical Definition of pneumoperitoneum
1 : an abnormal state characterized by the presence of gas (as air) in the peritoneal cavity
2 : the induction of pneumoperitoneum as a therapeutic measure or as an aid to radiography
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game