Medical Definition of pneumoperitoneum
1 : an abnormal state characterized by the presence of gas (as air) in the peritoneal cavity
2 : the induction of pneumoperitoneum as a therapeutic measure or as an aid to radiography
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game