Medical Definition of pleurodesis
: obliteration of the pleural cavity by inducing adherence of the visceral and parietal pleural layers (as by the use of sclerosing agents or surgical abrasion) especially to treat pleural effusion, pneumothorax, and chylothorax
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game