Medical Definition of photopheresis
: an immunomodulating therapy used especially to treat cutaneous T-cell lymphomas that involves treating blood with a photoactive drug (as methoxsalen), obtaining a fraction rich in white blood cells, exposing the fraction to damaging ultraviolet radiation, and returning it to the body where it stimulates a therapeutic immunological response
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game