Medical Definition of phosphomolybdic acid
: any of several acids obtainable from solutions of phosphoric acid and molybdic acid and used chiefly as precipitants (as for alkaloids) especially : the yellow crystalline acid H3PMo12O40·xH2O containing twelve atoms of molybdenum in a molecule
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?