Medical Definition of phlorizin
: a bitter crystalline glucoside C21H24O10 that is extracted from root bark or bark (as of the apple, pear, or cherry), produces glycosuria if injected hypodermically, and is used chiefly in producing experimental diabetes in animals
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game