Medical Definition of phenylmercuric acetate
: a crystalline salt C8H8HgO2 made by reaction of benzene with acetate of bivalent mercury in alcoholic solution and used chiefly as a fungicide and herbicide
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game