Medical Definition of phenethicillin
: a semisynthetic penicillin administered orally in the form of its potassium salt C17H19KN2O5S and used especially in the treatment of less severe infections caused by bacteria that do not produce beta-lactamase
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?