Medical Definition of pharyngoconjunctival fever
: an acute epidemic illness caused by various adenoviruses of the genus Mastadenovirus (especially serotypes of species Human adenovirus B, Human adenovirus C, and Human adenovirus E) that usually affects children of school age and is typically characterized by fever, pharyngitis, and conjunctivitis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game