Medical Definition of pharmacovigilance
: the monitoring, evaluation, and prevention of adverse effects associated with the administration of medicines With generic drugs now accounting for more than 75% of U.S. prescriptions, imposing even a minimal fee on each prescription would provide the revenue for an important investment in pharmacovigilance for late-arising safety issues.— Aaron S. Kesselheim et al., The New England Journal of Medicine, 1 Nov. 2012
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?