peripheral arterial diseasenoun
Medical Definition of peripheral arterial disease
: damage to or dysfunction of the arteries outside the heart resulting in reduced blood flow especially : narrowing or obstruction (as from atherosclerosis) of an artery (as the iliac artery or femoral artery) supplying the legs that is marked chiefly by intermittent claudication and by numbness and tingling in the legs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?