Medical Definition of peripheral arterial disease
: damage to or dysfunction of the arteries outside the heart resulting in reduced blood flow especially : narrowing or obstruction (as from atherosclerosis) of an artery (as the iliac artery or femoral artery) supplying the legs that is marked chiefly by intermittent claudication and by numbness and tingling in the legs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game