Medical Definition of peppermint oil
: an oil that has a strong peppermint odor and produces a cooling sensation in the mouth, is obtained from peppermint, and is used chiefly as a flavoring agent and as a carminative
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game