Medical Definition of pemetrexed
: an antineoplastic drug that is an antagonist of folic acid and is administered by injection in the form of its hydrated disodium salt C20H19N5Na2O6·7H2O to treat pleural mesothelioma and some forms of lung cancer Pemetrexed, a folate antimetabolite, was evaluated as a candidate for maintenance therapy because it is effective, relatively well tolerated, and easy to administer.— Tracy Hampton, The Journal of the American Medical Association, 12 Aug. 2009
Note: Pemetrexed is marketed under the trademark Alimta.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game