Medical Definition of pemetrexed
: an antineoplastic drug that is an antagonist of folic acid and is administered by injection in the form of its hydrated disodium salt C20H19N5Na2O6·7H2O to treat pleural mesothelioma and some forms of lung cancer Pemetrexed, a folate antimetabolite, was evaluated as a candidate for maintenance therapy because it is effective, relatively well tolerated, and easy to administer.— Tracy Hampton, The Journal of the American Medical Association, 12 Aug. 2009
Note: Pemetrexed is marketed under the trademark Alimta.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?