Medical Definition of peltatin
: either of two lactones that occur as glycosides in the rootstock of the mayapple (Podophyllum peltatum) and have some antineoplastic activity:
b or β-peltatin \ ˈbāt-ə-, chiefly British ˈbēt-ə- \ : one C22H22O8 containing only one hydroxyl group with the other replaced by a methoxyl group
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game