Medical Definition of pectoral nerve
: either of two nerves that arise from the brachial plexus on each side or from the nerve trunks forming it and that supply the pectoral muscles:
a : one lateral to the axillary artery
— called also lateral pectoral nerve, superior pectoral nerve
b : one medial to the axillary artery
— called also inferior pectoral nerve, medial pectoral nerve
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game