Medical Definition of paromomycin
: a broad-spectrum aminoglycoside antibiotic that is obtained from a bacterium of the genus Streptomyces (S. rimosus paromomycinus) and is usually used in the form of its sulfate C23H45N5O14·H2SO4 to treat intestinal amebiasis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game