Medical Definition of paragonimiasis
: infestation with or disease caused by a lung fluke of the genus Paragonimus (P. westermanii) that invades the lung where it produces chronic bronchitis with cough and reddish or brownish sputum and that occasionally also enters other viscera or the brain
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game