Medical Definition of papainase
: any of several proteases (as papain, ficin, and bromelain) that are found in plants, are activated by reducing agents (as cysteine or glutathione), and are inactivated by oxidizing agents (as hydrogen peroxide or iodine) toward which other proteases are stable
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?