Medical Definition of panniculitis
1 : inflammation of the subcutaneous layer of fat
2 : a syndrome characterized by recurring fever and usually painful inflammatory and necrotic nodules in the subcutaneous tissues especially of the thighs, abdomen, or buttocks
— called also relapsing febrile nodular nonsuppurative panniculitis, Weber-Christian disease
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?