Medical Definition of pancreaticoduodenal artery
: either of two arteries that supply the pancreas and duodenum forming an anastomosis giving off numerous branches to these parts:
a : one arising from the superior mesenteric artery
— called also inferior pancreaticoduodenal artery
b : one arising from the gastroduodenal artery
— called also superior pancreaticoduodenal artery
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?