Medical Definition of palmaris longus
: a superficial muscle of the forearm lying on the medial side of the flexor carpi radialis that arises especially from the medial epicondyle of the humerus, inserts especially into the palmar aponeurosis, and acts to flex the hand
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game