Medical Definition of palatine suture
: either of two sutures in the hard palate:
a : a transverse suture lying between the horizontal plates of the palatine bones and the maxillae
b : a median suture lying between the maxillae in front and continued posteriorly between the palatine bones
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game