packed red blood cellsnoun plural
Medical Definition of packed red blood cells
: a concentrated preparation of red blood cells that is obtained from whole blood by removing the plasma (as by centrifugation) and is used in transfusion
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game