ovine progressive pneumonianoun
Medical Definition of ovine progressive pneumonia
: a chronic disease especially of sheep caused by a retrovirus of the genus Lentivirus (species Visna/maedi virus) and occurring in a respiratory form that affects the lungs and udder and produces progressive wasting and in an encephalitic form that affects the central nervous system and joints and leads eventually to paralysis — see maedi, visna
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game