Medical Definition of otic ganglion
: a small parasympathetic ganglion that is associated with the mandibular nerve, is located just below the foramen ovale of the sphenoid bone, receives preganglionic fibers from the glossopharyngeal nerve by way of the lesser petrosal nerve, and sends postganglionic fibers to the parotid gland by way of the auriculotemporal nerve
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
- Words with Lost Meanings
- ‘Phase’ vs. ‘Faze’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game