Medical Definition of otic ganglion
: a small parasympathetic ganglion that is associated with the mandibular nerve, is located just below the foramen ovale of the sphenoid bone, receives preganglionic fibers from the glossopharyngeal nerve by way of the lesser petrosal nerve, and sends postganglionic fibers to the parotid gland by way of the auriculotemporal nerve
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game