Medical Definition of orbivirus
1 capitalized : a genus of double-stranded RNA viruses of the family Reoviridae that have a genome composed of 10 segments with the core RNA particles having characteristic ring-shaped capsomers and that include the causative agents of African horse sickness and bluetongue
2 : any of the genus Orbivirus of reoviruses
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game