Medical Definition of orbital fissure
: either of two openings transmitting nerves and blood vessels to or from the orbit:
a : one situated superiorly between the greater wing and the lesser wing of the sphenoid bone
— called also superior orbital fissure, supraorbital fissure
b : one situated inferiorly between the greater wing of the sphenoid bone and the maxilla
— called also inferior orbital fissure, infraorbital fissure, sphenomaxillary fissure
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?