Medical Definition of optical isomerism
: stereoisomerism in which the isomers have different effects on polarized light and in which asymmetry of the molecule as a whole or the presence of one or more asymmetrical atoms is responsible for such effects
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?