Medical Definition of oculocerebrorenal syndrome
: a rare human developmental disorder that is inherited as an X-linked recessive trait and that is marked by congenital cataracts, glaucoma, and abnormal nystagmus affecting the eyes, by intellectual disability, generalized hypotonia, and absence of or reduction in certain tendon reflexes due to defects in the central nervous system, and by acidosis and hyperaminoaciduria due to defects in the renal tubules
— called also Lowe syndrome
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?