Medical Definition of occupational neurosis
: a condition that is caused by overuse of a muscle or set of muscles in repetitive performance of an operation (as in milking or dancing) and that is marked by loss of ability to constrain the muscles to perform the particular operation involved
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game