Medical Definition of occipital artery
: an artery that arises from the external carotid artery opposite to the origin of the facial artery, that passes posteriorly to the base of the skull where it turns upward and ascends within the superficial fascia of the scalp, and that supplies or gives off branches supplying structures and especially muscles of the back of the neck and head
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game