Medical Definition of nucleosidase
1 : an enzyme that promotes the hydrolysis of a nucleoside
2 : a phosphorylase that promotes reversibly the reaction of a nucleoside with phosphate forming a base and a phosphate of ribose or deoxyribose
— called also nucleoside phosphorylase
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game