Medical Definition of nuchal line
: any of several ridges on the outside of the skull: as
a : one on each side that extends laterally in a curve from the external occipital protuberance to the mastoid process of the temporal bone
— called also superior nuchal line
c : one on each side that extends laterally from the middle of the external occipital crest below and roughly parallel to the superior nuchal line
— called also inferior nuchal line
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game