variants: or non-melanoma
Medical Definition of nonmelanoma
: a tumor that is not a melanoma : cancer that does not begin in melanocytes Most skin cancers are nonmelanomas, which rarely spread to other parts of the body.— Jim Ritter, The Chicago Sun-Times, 1 Aug. 2005 —often used before another noun The American Cancer Society says that each year more than 1 million new non-melanoma skin-cancer cases are reported …— Stacy Perman, Time, 12 July 2004
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game