Medical Definition of nongonococcal urethritis
: urethritis caused by a microorganism other than a gonococcus especially : urethritis that is sexually transmitted and is caused especially by a bacterium of the genus Chlamydia (C. trachomatis) or of the genus Ureaplasma (U. urealyticum)
— called also nonspecific urethritis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game