Medical Definition of no code
1 : an order not to revive or sustain a patient who experiences a life-threatening event (as heart stoppage) dislikes putting a no code on patients— Gail A. Campbell
2 : a patient assigned a no code whether a…patient should be made a no code— Sabrina D. Jarvis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game