Medical Definition of neurocysticercosis
: infection of the central nervous system with cysticerci of the pork tapeworm (Taenia solium) Neurocysticercosis is the single most important reason why the incidence of epilepsy in the developing world is significantly higher than that in industrialized countries.— Julio Sotelo, The New England Journal of Medicine, 15 Jan. 2004
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game