Medical Definition of mylohyoid line
: a ridge on the inner side of the bone of the lower jaw extending from the junction of the two halves of the bone in front to the last molar on each side and giving attachment to the mylohyoid muscle and to the superior constrictor of the pharynx
— called also mylohyoid ridge
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game