multiple system atrophynoun
Medical Definition of multiple system atrophy
: any of several progressive neurodegenerative diseases that are of unknown cause, have an onset usually during middle age and are characterized by a combination of symptoms (as orthostatic hypotension, urinary incontinence, rigidity, and loss of balance) indicative of autonomic dysfunction, parkinsonism, and cerebellar ataxia —abbreviation MSA — see shy-drager syndrome
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game