Medical Definition of mucor
1 capitalized : a genus (the type of the family Mucoraceae) of molds that are distinguished from molds of the genus Rhizopus by having round usually cylindrical or pear-shaped sporangia not clustered and not limited in location to the points where rhizoids develop and that include several (as M. corymbifer) causing infections in humans and animals
2 : any mold of the genus Mucor
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game