Medical Definition of morcellation
1 : division and removal in small pieces (as of a tumor)
2 : the surgical cutting of the skull into small pieces and leaving them in place to allow more even or symmetrical expansion of the brain and skull during growth
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game