Medical Definition of molecular distillation
: distillation that is carried out under a high vacuum in an apparatus so designed as to permit molecules escaping from the warm liquid to reach the cooled surface of the condenser before colliding with other molecules and consequently returning to the liquid and that is used in the purification of substances of low volatility (as in the separation of vitamin A and vitamin E from fish-liver oils)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game