Medical Definition of microsporum
1 capitalized : a genus of fungi of the family Moniliaceae producing both small, nearly oval single-celled spores and large spindle-shaped multicellular spores with a usually rough outer wall and including several that cause ringworm, tinea capitis, and tinea corporis
2 plural microspora : any fungus of the genus Microsporum
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game